Mt Longonot/Elephant Hill/Mt Kenya(7 Days)
Mount Longonot is a stratovolcano that overlooks Lake Naivasha. The mountain has lava canyons on its steep slopes and a caldera that is over one kilometre wide. Walk around the caldera. The view from Mt Longonot’s caldera is simply stunning. It is also a national park, meaning you could see some wildlife, though not the Big 5.Mount Kenya is Africa’s second highest mountain, after Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Erosion and time have reduced the peak from 6500m to 5199 on the highest point today. This extinct volcano, dating back 2.5 million years old, is located about 200 kilometers north of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, in the Mount Kenya National Park.
Elephant Hill hike trail starts at the Njabini Forest Station gate, at an elevation of 8,202ft (2,500m) above sea level, and ends at the summit, at an elevation of 12,000ft (3,658m) above sea level. The terrain is mostly wet and slippery within the bamboo forest, and rocky as you approach the summit
Mount Kenya has three main peaks, the two highest are highly technical (Batian and Nelion) and are rarely climbed in comparison to the third peak called Point Lenana which is a trekking peak.
This wonderful and scenic hike takes you to discover the unique landscapes of this region in Kenya.
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation.
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek In Mt Kenya
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner(in Mt Kenya)
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary(in Mt Kenya)
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Services of a professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Treated water on the trek.
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Training cost and purchase of mountain gear.
- Emergency evacuation cover USD. 24.00 from Amref insurance Cover
- Meals outside the mountain
- Other Items not mentioned above
- Accommodation before/after the trek
- Trekking gears
- Items of personal nature
- Day 1(Breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Day 2 (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 3(Breakfast)
- Day 7 (Lunch)
- Personal clothing and equipment (see equipment list)