Mount Ol Donyo Lengai Trek
“Oldoinyo Le Ngai” is a Maasai term meaning “Mountain of God”. This mountain is the only active volcano in East Africa. Volcanic activity on the mountain has been observed from as far back as 1883, and it is still active today. The Oldoinyo Le Ngai mountain reaches a height of approximately 9442 feet. The Crater Highlands are part of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. This is a reserve where the local communities live alongside the wildlife. The highlands consist of a range of Volcanoes-not all extinct-rising steeply from the side of the Great Rift Valley in Northern Tanzania. Hence they are more than JUST the Ngorongoro Crater with a number of impressive peaks, with steep escarpments, crater lakes, dense forests and grassy ridges, streams and waterfalls. o¬ne volcano the Ol-Doinyo-Lengai (2878m) is even active! It is also home to many Maasai people who have grazed cattle o¬n the grasslands here for hundreds of years. Most walking is done at around the 3000mts mark. There are many options though available to the adventurous.
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation.
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Services of a professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Treated water on the trek.
- Start and finish Arusha
- Training cost and purchase of mountain gear.
- Emergency evacuation cover USD. 24.00 from Amref
- Meals outside the mountain
- Other Items not mentioned above
- Accommodation before/after the trek
- Items of personal nature
- Personal clothing and equipment (see equipment list)