Mount Rwenzori Climbing Magharita Peak(10 Days)
This Rwenzori hiking tour brings you to the highest mountain range in Africa shared between Uganda and DRC. This is the most popular hike to the Rwenzori Mountains, 10 days of hiking Rwenzori mountains in Uganda is memorable and it leads you to Margherita peak that happens to be the tallest peak on Mt. Rwenzori. Rwenzori Mountains is the highest mountain range in Africa shared between Uganda and DRC.
The snow covered Rwenzori Mountains-also known as the MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON and protected as Rwenzori Mountains National Park will offer you the unique experience you’ve been looking for in Africa.
The hiking safari that leads you up the mist-shrouded peaks provides stunning backdrops to these magnificent mountains, including six main mountains with peaks exceeding 4,500m of altitude Mt. Stanley, Mt. Speke, Mt. Baker, Mt. Gessi (in the Congolese side), and Mt. Emin Pasha, Mt. Luigi di Savoia.
- An expedition to the Rwenzori is an exhilarating and rewarding experience but one which must be well planned.
- There are several circuits to the top of the mountain; since the mountain has seven peaks and six are snow capped ones.
- The mountain’s altitude is 14000ft
- The mountain is renowned for its engineered, steep and slippery trails and frequent rain characterized by cold temperatures, bog, mud, steep terrain and high altitude.
- Due to hash conditions the best time for hiking is July-August and December-February
- Airport/Hotel Transfers
- Park Entrance Fees
- Meals as per Itinerary
- 4×4 Safari Transportation to/from airport
- English Speaking Tour Guide/Driver
- Accommodations before and after the hike in Kasese
- Porters, guide, chef, food in the mountain
- camping tents or cabins and sleeping mats in case of camping
- Transport from kasese to the park gate and back after the trek.
- Gas cook, cooking appliances & community fees
- Tourist Entry Visa
- International Flight Tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Items of Personal Nature
- Tips and Gratuities
- Any extra peak will attract $200 per peak per person
- Note: On Entry to Uganda, a PCR negative certificate is required to be presented. And on return back home, MUST carry out PCR test which is 250,000UGX.