Mount Kenya Lake Ellis,Mugi & Nithi Falls(2 Days)
Lake Ellis is located on the eastern slopes of Mt Kenya and is the largest lake of Mt Kenya’s great lakes after Lake Alice and Lake Michaelson. The lake was named after Thomas Evelyn Scott-Ellis who accompanied Eric Dutton on his first visit to the lake in 1927. The lake is situated at 3450M ASL.
We begin the day with an early morning pick up from Nairobi at 0400hrs and drive north to Chogoria town and onwards to Chogoria Park Gate. The hike starts at the Gate after a short stretch.
The trail gets you right into the forest and takes you through the dense forest covered with both indigenous and man-made trees and to the scenic Nithi Falls.
The forest is a habit for both wildlife and a wide range of bird species. The hike then proceeds on wet moorlands and after covering a trek close to 7km, the trail leads to a scenic landscape of the breathtaking Lake Ellis.
The hike guarantees a clear view of the peaks on a good day. Enjoy the stunning views of the lake and the surrounding area before descending back via the same route. It also gives you an experience of what it feels to hike Mt. Kenya.
We will then embark on a return journey back to Nairobi, to arrive in the evening.
WHAT TO CARRY
• An identification card or passport: Must
• Comfortable hiking shoes with a good grip/sleeping bag and warm gears.
• Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
• Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
• Reusable water bottle
• Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Cameras.
• Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
• Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal and items
• Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
• Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
• Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
• Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
1. Citizen Park Entrance Fees/parking fees
2. Round Trip Transport for non-self-drives
3. Hiking Charges
4. Guiding Fees
5. Armed Security
6. Professional Photographs
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation.
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: D=Dinner & Breakfast
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Services of a professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Treated water on the trek.
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Extra water
- Travel insurance
- Other items not mentioned above.