Mount Kenya Chogoria-Sirimon Route(5 Days)
Mount Kenya is Africa’s second highest mountain, after Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Erosion and time have reduced the peak from 6500m to 5199 on the highest point today. This extinct volcano, dating back 2.5 million years old, is located about 200 kilometers north of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, in the Mount Kenya National Park.
Mount Kenya has three peaks on the summit area: batian, Nelion and point Lenana. On this trip we will climb up to Lenana (4985m), which offers magnificent views..
This wonderful and scenic hike takes you to discover the unique landscapes of this region in Kenya. The best time to climb Mount Kenya is during the dry months of January, February, late August, September and October.
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation.
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Services of a professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Treated water on the trek.
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Training cost and purchase of mountain gear.
- Emergency evacuation cover USD. 24.00 from Amref
- Meals outside the mountain
- Other Items not mentioned above
- Accommodation before/after the trek
- Tips Items of personal nature Personal clothing and equipment (see equipment list)