Mount Kenya is Africa’s second highest mountain, after Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Erosion and time have reduced the peak from 6500m to 5199 on the highest point today. This extinct volcano, dating back 2.5 million years old, is located about 200 kilometers north of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, in the Mount Kenya National Park.
Mount Kenya has three peaks on the summit area: batian, Nelion and point Lenana. On this trip we will climb up to Lenana (4985m), which offers magnificent views..
This wonderful and scenic hike takes you to discover the unique landscapes of this region in Kenya. The best time to climb Mount Kenya is during the dry months of January, February, late August, September and October.
Samburu National Reserve is located in Northern Kenya and is a premier game reserve situated on the banks of the Ewaso Ng’iro river. This vast expanse of remote pristine wilderness measures 165 square kilometers in area and borders the Ewaso Ng’iro River to the south, which separates it from the Buffalo Springs National Reserve. Samburu Reserve is a unique wildlife conservation haven famous for an abundance of rare species of animals such as the Grevy Zebra, Somali Ostrich, Reticulated Giraffe, Gerenuk and the Beisa Oryx. The reserve is also home to a population of close to 900 Elephants. Large predators such as the Lion, Leopard and Cheetah are an important attraction (Kamunyak the famous Lioness that adapted a baby Oryx is a resident in the reserve). Samburu is infact one of the better locations in Kenya to spot Leopard. Wild dog sightings are also a common attraction to this unique protected area and Birdlife is abundant with over 450 recorded species.
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation.
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek and safari
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Services of a professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Treated water on the trek.
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Training cost and purchase of mountain gear.
- Emergency evacuation cover USD. 24.00 from Amref
- Meals outside the mountain
- Other Items not mentioned above
- Accommodation before/after the trek
- Trekking gears
- Items of personal nature
All meals included. Dinner and overnight at the camp