Mount Kenya day hike & Olpejeta game drive(2 Days)
This amazing and so very diverse experience on this tour combines unforgettable sights – in Ol Pejeta Conservancy and from Mount Kenya overlooking it.
Ol Pejeta is a non-profit wildlife conservancy, which provides sanctuary for great apes, boasts the biggest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa, and is home to the only two remaining northern white rhinos in the world! Ol Pejeta is also the only reserve in Africa conserving three rhino subspecies – the black, southern white, and the northern white rhinos. Visiting means also supporting great wildlife conservancy programmes and helps funding water, education, health, and infrastructure projects for the communities surrounding it.
Mount Kenya is Africa’s second highest mountain at 5,199m
(17,058 feet) and the highest of all Kenya Mountains. Mount Kenya is roughly circular, about 60km across at the 200mm contour, where the steep font hills rise out of the gentler slopes of the centered highlands. At the centre of the massif, the main peaks rise sharply from around 4,500m to the main summit of Batian 5,199m, Nelion 5,188m and point Lenana 4,985m. Other major summits on the mountain include Point Piggott 4,957m, Point Dutton 4,885 and Point John 4,883m. Of the three main peaks (Batian, Lenana and Nelion), only point Lenana can be reached by trekkers and the other two being only for technical climbers.
- 1-night accommodation
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Experienced and professional mountain guides
- All park fees and rescue fees
- All large-portioned, nutritious food and purified drinking water on the mountain
- Guides, porters and cook salaries
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- International Flights & Visa & Insurance
- Tips to porters and guides
- Meals while in enruote
- Items considered to be non-essential, such as alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, snacks, etc.
- Optional Tours (for example, short safaris after your climb day tour, etc