Karuru Falls,Chania Falls,Mount Satima,Dragon’s Teeth Trek(3 Days)
Karuru Falls in the Aberdares National Park is a place of many unique wonders of nature.
These waterfalls in Nyandarua County, surrounded by indigenous trees, are the highest and tallest in Kenya. A breathtaking sight that plunges 273 metres below the viewing point making them one of the most Unique falls in the Country. Friendly to First-time Hikers, this short hike is rated moderate.
Mount Satima and dragons teeth Trek
Ol Donyo Le Satima popularly known as Mt. Satima is the 3rd largest mountain in Kenya standing at approximately 4001m ASL is the immediate neighbor to a number of sharp volcanic cones called “the Dragon’s Teeth”. Dragon’s Teeth is a sporadic spread of jagged rocks that rise above the consistently wet moorlands in Northern Aberdares. Join us as we take on this scenic hike on the Moorland.
What to carry
- Comfortable hiking boots with a good grip. Long pants/trousers & long-sleeved hiking t-shirt/light jacket recommended
- Spare Sports Trainers to complement boots, Sandals, or light shoes for traveling back
- Plenty of drinking water at least 3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Any personal medication / Personal first aid items
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Enough Snacks, fruits, sandwiches, energy bars to last the hike.
- Proper Rain Gear, in case it rains. i.e. Rain Coat/Poncho/Rain Trousers if available.
- Mornings can be cold so have a warm Jacket.
- An identification card or passport: (a must)
- Tip for guides, rangers, and crew
- Sleeping Bag
- Warm Gears.
- Park Entrance Fees
- Transport Costs
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- camping fee
- Food and tents.
- Training cost and purchase of mountain gear.
- Emergency evacuation cover USD. 15.00 from Amref
- Meals outside the mountain
- Other Items not mentioned above
- Accommodation before/after the trek
- Hiking gears